Aurigny is delighted to launch its new “Kids Fly For Less” scheme that combines a series of money-saving benefits to support families.
Under the new scheme, available for all travel from 5th November, all families will benefit from the following when booking on Aurigny.com:
- All Kids fares (aged 2-15), on all routes, have been reduced by 15%.
- Infants fares (for under 2s) have been scrapped. You now just pay the taxes and charges.
- For every child, under 5, two of these three items are free of charge – pushchair, travel cot and car seat.
These special rates are available on all bookings made on the Aurigny website, with immediate effect.
Aurigny is the only airline in the Channel Islands to offer this kind of family-friendly initiative and it is combined with other existing benefits Aurigny offers to families.
- Free “Flight Forward” and “Rescue Fares” for all children on all routes.
- The “Flight Forward” service is designed for families whose return flight from abroad arrives in time to allow them to catch an earlier Aurigny flight home.
- Aurigny’s “Rescue Fare” helps travellers who miss their Aurigny flight and allows passengers to move to the next available flight, with no additional cost for children.
As a community-based carrier, Aurigny values all the families that travel with the airline and is conscious that many have no choice but to travel during the more expensive peak periods. We also recognise that travelling with young children can be stressful, and often involves additional luggage.
Having listened to customer feedback, we have carefully reviewed the ways we can support families and in response, Aurigny has created the “Kids Fly For Less” scheme.
To be clear, these benefits are not a limited, promotional offer, and will be available on all bookings made on Aurigny.com, year-round, going forward.
Aurigny Commercial Director Malcolm Coupar said: “We are proud to be the first airline in the Channel Islands to offer this kind of package for families. Many of us at Aurigny are parents and we know the pressures and stresses that come with travel. As a family, you often have to take more luggage – including pushchairs and buggies – and have to travel in school holidays, when everything costs more. This package of benefits is designed to take some of that stress away and make it a bit easier for families travelling with us. As a community-based airline, we want to support families as much as we can. As well as supporting local families in Guernsey and Alderney, we also hope this will make travelling to Guernsey easier and cheaper for visiting families and boost the islands’ tourist numbers.”
Please note: These new benefits are only available on future bookings. They cannot be retrospectively applied to existing bookings.