Opportunities in Alderney, Gatwick and Southampton
Aurigny is able to offer a variety of positions in Alderney, Gatwick and Southampton. Often no prior experience is necessary as full on the job training is provided. If a position requires you to operate airside please be mindful of the pre employment requirements such as a 5 year employment history and possibly a clean driving licence depending upon the position.
Opportunities at the airport include:
- Ramp Agents – responsible pre aircraft arrival checks; loading and off-loading bags from the aircraft; push backs of aircraft and pre departure checks
- Dispatchers – Coordinating the safe and on time arrival and departure of aircraft; responsible for timely passing of load control information and managing scheduled turnarounds in accordance with strict guidelines and procedures.
- Customer Services – responsible for passenger check-in and service. Presentation of correct aircraft weight and balance information, collecting excess baggage charges
- Duty Manager – manages the Station and teams on shift at any one time
Team Lead Jan 2020.doc
Dispatcher / Turn Lead LONDON GATWICK AIRPORT
Dispatcher / Turn Lead
The Team Leader Attends to Aircraft Ramp handling and Dispatch. They are responsible to the Duty Manager for carrying out their duties in accordance with Company procedures. They will effectively co-ordinate their team ensuring the Flights are serviced Safely, effectively and on time.
Operates all computer equipment including DCS Check-in and Departure Control where relevant. Operates all other station equipment, radios, telephone systems, ground handling vehicles and other ramp equipment. Maintains high standards of service and appearance
1. Aircraft pre arrival checks – attending the ramp on time, adopting behaviour/dress code, vehicle checks and stand checks.
2. Arrival checks – aircraft shutdown procedures, safety equipment, vehicle procedures
3. Offloading process – Vehicle procedures, safety procedures, aircraft procedures, passenger handling procedures, baggage procedures
4. Loading process – Vehicle procedures, safety procedures, aircraft procedures, passenger handling procedures, baggage procedures.
5. Pre departure process – Aircraft procedures and walk around checks, emergency/reporting procedures.
6. Start-up process – aircraft procedures, emergency/reporting procedures.
Skills and Experience:
• Be well organised with good attention to detail
• Be proactive in approach to all responsibilities with ability to work on own initiative and to specific deadlines
• Ability to recognise and deal with challenges promptly and efficiently
• Demonstrates qualities of self motivation and professionalism, with the ability and
Team Lead Jan 2020.doc
willingness to take on extra responsibility
• Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexible approach to working hours as necessary
Applicants are advised to inform their current line manager if they are considering applying for this position.
Please note that in the interests of efficiency, applications that do not meet the above criteria will not be retained, other than applications from locally resident applicants who anticipate gaining the necessary qualifications.